Monday, September 14, 2009

Wilton Cake Decorating, Course 2 cake - 5/1/08

Only made one cake in course 2 and this was it, I LOVE THIS CAKE!!!!!.  I love the basket weave, though it's tedious and takes a long time to do, it looks so cool!
It just so happened that May Day was right after my class so I took this to work to share with my co-workers.
The birds are handmade with color flow icing - pretty neat stuff to work with.
All of the flowers are hand made with royal icing - think the little sugary decorations that you buy in the grocery store that come on a piece of cardboard and are covered in plastic - usually letters that spell out things or cartoon type characters - pretty much the same thing here.  The royal icing hardens and you can keep the flowers for years in an airtight container!
The daffodils were my favorites!  I love how they turned out!
The cake was vanilla with raspberry preserves in the middle.

No comments: