Monday, September 14, 2009

Mike's Bowling Birthday cake - 8/16/08

My boyfriend wanted to go bowling for his birthday. So, me being the coordinating freak that I am, had to make a cake to match!
The ball was made using the round pan which bakes the cake in two halves.  The pins were made with a cupcake, a mini cupcake upside down and a donut hole on top of that.  They were held together with icing and then frozen to set-up.  Then white frosting was melted and they were dunked in to give the smooth finished coating.  Once the icing thawed though, the cupcakes started to fall apart and lean.  If I had it to do over I would dunk them in melted white chocolate.  The red accents on the pins were made by cutting up some fruit-by-the-foot snacks.  The whole thing was made up of both chocolate and white cake.

No comments: