Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bartering for services - 6/4/09

My boyfriend and I were robbed back in March and all but 3 pairs of my earrings were taken.  I still had a lot of the necklaces that went with them because they were in another location, but the earrings were all in the jewelry boxes that were taken.  So, when a co-worker (who is also a jewelry maker) asked me to make a cake for her husband's 75th birthday party - we bartered for services.  It was a pretty sweet deal - she got a delicious cake and a dozen cupcakes, and I got 6 new pairs of earrings!
She had some extra decorations to add to the cake so my part was pretty simple.  It was chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream filling and white buttercream to ice it.  I really need to practice my writing skills though...definitely not my strong suit!  Her husbands name is Jim but it looks a little like Tim...and that was after I had redone it 3 times!

No comments: