Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Baby Jungle Animal Baby Shower Cake - 9/12/09

Just a little over a year ago I had the privilege of making my first ever wedding cake for Karla.  I was honored to be able to make her baby shower cake as well!  I was dying to get my hands on the new cake stand from Wilton so this was the perfect excuse!  I used the invitations that were sent out as my inspiration.
The entire cake is vanilla cake w/ raspberry preserve filling, iced w/ buttercream icing and covered w/ fondant.
Most of the decorations are plastic - I would have made them out of fondant but since I was able to find cute ones at the store I bought them to save time.
The palm trees are made of fondant leaves attached to pretzel rods w/ white chocolate that was tinted green.
The cake took waaaaaaay longer than expected because I really didn't know exactly what I was going to do for it...I was basically making it up as I went along.  If I had to make it all over it would take A LOT less time.  I am VERY pleased with the way it turned out, though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think this cake is so adorable. it also follows my theme for my baby shower. is there any way you can send info on making this cake for my shower?

my email: fashioncrae05@yahoo.com.